Sometimes the quickest, easiest recipes are the best! These muffins are moist, come together quickly, and best of all can be eaten warm, straight from the oven!
To make perfect muffins every time, be sure not to over mix! You need to completely combine the wet and dry ingredients, but stop mixing at that point or else you’ll remove too much air, and your muffins will be dense and heavy. We want light and fluffy here!
Raspberry & White Chocolate Muffins
Yield: 18 muffins, or 36 mini muffins, or a mixture of sizes!
2 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries (or another type of berry if you like!) Leave in the freezer until ready to use, they will bleed into the muffins if thawed.
- Sift flour. Combine flour and sugars in a large bowl, making a well in the centre.
- Mix the melted butter, milk and egg.
- Gently mix the dry and wet ingredients.
- Fold the white chocolate and raspberries into the batter until just combined.
- 3/4 fill holes in prepared muffin tin/s.
- Bake in a moderate oven for around 20-22 minutes, until browned lightly on top and a skewer comes out clean.